Our mission is the promotion of honey bees and beekeeping in Haiti to provide family income, encourage the creation of cottage industries, and improve family-grown food products by increasing pollination.
what we do
We provide education services to novice and seasoned beekeepers in Haiti by:
- Conducting beginner beekeeping courses
- Providing mentorship to young beekeepers
- Providing materials and bees to those beekeepers who cannot afford them
- Teaching agriculture related subjects that will enhance the sustainability of the family’s apiary
- Teaching basic business concepts and practices to improve the fiscal soundness of the beekeeper's family business
- Traveling to Haiti two times a year for face-to-face, hands on training with the individual(s) we are developing as the local trainer/mentor for the community
- Using email and social media to communicate between visits.
- Sending items and information with team members from our cooperating non-profits as they make their trips to Haiti throughout the year
- Shipping heavy items via a Haitian shipping company in Orlando, Florida, using their weekly 40-foot container shipments. The shipper offers us a very generous freight rate all the way through customs and safe, secure reception by our agents in Port au Prince